Schenectady Wintersports Club
Last updated: September 28, 2023
Schenectady Wintersports Club, Inc is a non-profit organization dedicated to skiing and outdoor sports. Our members privacy is important to us, and this document is intended to educate members on how their online information is stored and shared, as well as how to make changes to their personal profiles.
SWC collects personal information in the form of Name, Email address, Physical address, Phone number and Date of Birth.
Here are the reasons we collect this type of information:
1. Name - To identify who you are as a member.
2. Email address - To be able to send membership renewal notices, and other communication such as events, club notices, newsletters, or forum information. Members may choose to opt out or not subscribe to all of these types of communication EXCEPT membership renewals.
3. Physical address - We collect the physical address as a backup means of communication, should there be a problem with email, or for any required mailings.
4. Phone number - We collect the phone number as a backup means of communication, should there be a problem with email, or for immediate communication. SWC may send a text message related to events if you opt to be included (see Text Messaging Policy).
5. Date of Birth - We collect this information to understand the age group of our members, and because it is required for some ski mountain events that may be sponsored by the club. Only SWC web administrators can view this information.
How your information may be used (more description below):
Member Directory - SWC provides a listing of members on our Home page that includes membership ID, first and last name, and email address. This is a service for members only to be able to stay in contact with each other, and is not visible to the general public. Membership ID (the User ID field) is required when booking a reservation at the SWC Clubhouse.
Event Attendance Listings - SWC promotes events and activities which members voluntarily sign up to attend or participate in. When you sign up for an event, your name is listed under Attendees of the event.
Demographic information - SWC collects date of birth for demographic purposes, and this information is never shared with other members or any outside parties. Demographic information helps the club to promote specific advertising on our site. For example, in the future we might use information about the age groups of our members to help us sell advertising on our website.
Surveys and polls - SWC may send out a survey or a poll to gather member opinions. The poll will indicate if it is an anonymous poll, or whether the member name is collected. If the member name is collected, the poll will explain the reason for collecting the member name.
Members are responsible for maintaining and updating their personal information through the use of Profiles on the SWC website. Parents or guardians of minor children under the age of 18 are responsible to update and manage the child's profile.
Parents or guardians of minor children under the age of 18 have the ability to indicate that the member is a minor when:
SWC will never share any personal information as outlined in this document with any third parties.
Please contact SWC Membership using the email address email@example.com, with any privacy questions, to request personal information, or to change or delete your information.
Help in reviewing Profiles and making updates
Please see the attached Help document which provides detailed instructions to login, and then review and update Profiles.
"Schenectady Wintersports Club Inc." is a 501(c)4 non-profit organization. P.O. Box 2072, Wilton New York 12831